Thursday 11 September 2008

FOOD ALLERGY!!!!

Never had I developed any allergic reaction related to food or medication...

But then suddenly.....

Here's the story...

Was having lunch last Monday..... One of the menu was PRAWNS....
So.... we were having fun ingesting our food.... no problem at all.... lovely....
Then we left the restaurant and went back home....
Still good nothing happened just yet...

After reaching home, I cleaned the bathroom and toilet.... everything went pretty good when suddenly I felt stinging pain and itchy sensation on my chest ..... thought I accidentally splashed myself with the chemicals.... Hey but that doesn't make sense.... I've on to those stuffs pretty often and nothing had happened before......

Still bearing the pain and itchiness, I continued with the cleaning.... until I can't bear it and start scratching it.... felt better but no good.... looked at the mirror oh no it's swollen..... so I put on some topical corticosteroid and local anaesthetic.... ok thought solved the problem.... continue with the cleaning....

BUT hey.... my arms and body start getting really itchy now.... STRUTH!!! what the heck was that? quickly finished up my almost done chores... and once done a quick screen on the affected areas.... and whoops.... swelling, redness, itchy and painful all over upper part of my body..... It's urticaria.... Lucky that I always stock anti histamine at home... just in case.... so end up taking Loratadine.... and the hives went off soon after....

Been thinking of what gave me such reaction.... Suspect is the prawns we ate during lunch..... Called her and..... she also developed allergic reaction (which she never had from eating prawns before).... just that she got swollen eyes lol.... worse than mine... haha good that she stocks Cetirizine with her as well... so it was resolved soon.... haha... Newai I think reaction would differ amongst people.... haha

Whats wrong with the prawns? That's so weird.... haha.... never order prawns from that restaurant anymore.... lol

Oh... been doing Autacoids this semester.... *wink wink*

Familiarised myself with triple action of Histamine and H1 antagonist THE HARD WAY... lol

No comments: