Tuesday 25 November 2008

Pity...

Was on the train to work this afternoon....

Was busy doing some reading, when I heard a couple of sounds..... just like when you give a shake of aerosol can.... Thought it was some kids playing or what...

So I continued with my reading and ignored the sound.....

Kept on Reading..... Heard the shaking can again and again.....

Still I didn't bother..... only after I finished my reading...... did I realise that on the seat opposite my row, sat a woman in her 20s-30s I supposed..... Holding can of aerosol paint and plastic bag.....

What she did was, she gave the can a good shake then sprayed it into the plastic bag and inhaled it.... Paint was everywhere around her lips and face.....
The look on her face was just so sorrowful.....
Such massive misery and hardship she must have gone through.....

At that time, I just felt so sorry for her.....
Why did she have to do that? Harming herself.... Making herself a slave of inhalants.....
Couldn't she think for herself for a second? Her parents? Her families? Her Friends? Her Acquaintances?
Sigh.... I feel like ripping that thing off her hands and lead her to freeing herself from such addiction.....

Why do I have to feel sad when I look at these people?

Alcohol to kill pain and escape from reality....
Drugs abuse for the same reasons.....

BUT the reality is these substances do NOT get them away from the reality..... They just have to face it.... There is no shortcut at all.....

Hope that one day these people can free themselves from such addiction.....

No comments: